YMCA of Greater Richmond
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Site Supervisor - School Age Child Care (Twin Hickory Elementary)
at YMCA of Greater Richmond
- 01-Oct-2019 to 01-Nov-2019 (EST)
- Glen Allen, VA, USA
- $14 per hour based on experience and qualifications
- Part Time
The YMCA of Greater Richmond is looking for a positive role model to plan programming, oversee center management and supervise children at our before school child care site at Twin Hickory Elementary School.
The YMCA of Greater Richmond is a nonprofit organization with the goal of strengthening the foundations of community. We do this through programs that help build a healthy mind, body and spirit for all, and our programs are built around our three focus areas: Healthy Living, Youth Development and Social Responsibility. The Y is committed to access, inclusion and engagement for all. At the Y we recognize, appreciate and value all dimensions of diversity and the ways that our communities are unique. We seek to engage and connect diverse populations in a welcoming environment focused on building bridges towards empathy and equity. As an employer, the Y seeks to recruit energetic professionals, encourage work-life balance, and provide opportunities for growth and development. Our employees exemplify and adhere to our four Brand Behaviors of Honesty, Caring, Respect and Responsibility.
Responsibilities include development and implementation of engaging youth development programs, supervision of a group of school age children, and day to day operations of a school age child care center. Program hours are weekdays from 1-6pm. Incumbents may also be asked to work in the event schools are closed for full day care from 7am-6pm.
- General experience with supervising staff, budgeting and program administration is helpful
- Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills are required
- A valid driver's license and a good driving record are also necessary
- Candidates must meet Virginia DSS licensing requirements: college-level coursework in a related field or CDA required
- Minimum age is 21
- Candidates must be responsible and energetic