Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at VT Group
- Job Title
- Welder 2
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Active Clearance
- Manufacturing/Skilled Trade
VT Group is a leading technology integrator with close to 50 years’ experience delivering technology and C4ISR solutions to solve the complex challenges faced by our government and commercial customers in the Defense and National Security markets.
VT Group is seeking a Welder based in Virginia Beach, VA.
- Welds metal parts together using both gas welding or brazing and any combination of arc welding processes.
- Performs related tasks such as thermal cutting and grinding.
- Repairs broken or cracked parts, fills holes, and increases size of metal parts.
- Positions and clamps together components of fabricated metal products preparatory to welding.
- Locates and repairs cracks in industrial engine cylinder heads.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must pass employer performance tests, and possess the applicable governmental agency, professional association, or technical association certifications.
- Qualified for specific material and processes in accordance with American Welding Society Welding Handbook if assigned to weld at shore facilities.
- Shall be Occupational Safety/Haz-Mat Certified.
- Shall be Confined Space Entry Certified if the certification is applicable to the work being performed.
- Qualified under NAVSEA TECH PUB S9074-AQ-GIB-010/248 (0910-LP-731-4500) to do all plate and pipe welding on non-nuclear systems made of S1, S2, S4, S5, S11A, and S11B material using Groups A5A, 5D, A2A, 3A, 4A, 6A, 7A1, A2, and A1A filler metal.
- When applicable to the work being performed, welders shall possess a Shipyard Competent Person Certification, or Man Aloft Certification (Climber Certification).
- Four (4) years experience, to include: electric arc, gas shielded arc, and gas welding.
- Proficient at welding as follows: executing welds in all positions, with all types of metals and alloys, in various shapes including pipes, structural forms, plates, sheet metal, bar stock, machinery and equipment.
- Must have the ability to read and understand shipboard structural installation drawings.
- Must have the ability to fit weldments as well as conduct typical Level II NDT visual inspections and workmanship quality checks.
VT Group offers eligible employees a variety of comprehensive benefits programs, which may include:
- Medical insurance through a nationwide network
- Dental insurance for preventive, basic and major services
- Vision insurance that covers a wide range of services (subject to a specific co-pay or co-insurance amount)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA) options
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off