Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at VT Group
- Job Title
- Welder 1
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Active Clearance
- Manufacturing/Skilled Trade
VT Group is a leading technology integrator with close to 50 years’ experience delivering technology and C4ISR solutions to solve the complex challenges faced by our government and commercial customers in the Defense and National Security markets.
VT Group is seeking a Welder 1 based in Virginia Beach, VA.
- Welds metal parts together using both gas welding or brazing and any combination of arc welding processes.
- Performs related tasks such as thermal cutting and grinding.
- Repairs broken or cracked parts, fills holes, and increases size of metal parts.
- Positions and clamps together components of fabricated metal products preparatory to welding.
- Locates and repairs cracks in industrial engine cylinder heads.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Four (4) years experience, to include: electric arc, gas shielded arc, and gas welding.
- Proficient at welding as follows: executing welds in all positions, with all types of metals and alloys, in various shapes including pipes, structural forms, plates, sheet metal, bar stock, machinery and equipment.
- Must have an active DOD Secret security clearance.
- Must pass precertification company welding test.
- Must obtain apprenticeship or certification in welding from secondary school.
VT Group offers eligible employees a variety of comprehensive benefits programs, which may include:
- Medical insurance through a nationwide network
- Dental insurance for preventive, basic and major services
- Vision insurance that covers a wide range of services (subject to a specific co-pay or co-insurance amount)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA) options
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
This position is contingent upon contract award.
Join VT Group if you want to serve with friendly and caring people who are dedicated to delivering critical services and helping our customers solve difficult problems in often world-changing circumstances.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
VT Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
VT Group is a drug free workplace. All applicants must pass a drug test before beginning work or receiving an offer of employment. Refusal to submit to testing will result in disqualification of further employment consideration.