Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Director
at Volunteers of America
Do you have a passion for Human Resources and for making a difference in the lives of others? We have a perfect opportunity for you!
As the Director Human Resources you will provide employment expertise to the Housing Team at Volunteers of America National Services ("Housing") the Volunteers of America, Inc. National Office ("National Office") employees and remotely and Mary Marshall development (as needed) in human resources compliance, human resources training and development, employee relations issues, complaints, investigations, ongoing employee concerns, HR processes, as well as coordinates with HR team on recruitment, HRIS and performance evaluations.
- HR Management
- Employee Relations and Investigations
- Human Resources Compliance
- Human Resources Training & Development
- Requires knowledge of principles and practices of Human Resources management, resulting in legal compliance, effective employee relations strategies, cost effective staffing and employee satisfaction.
- A Bachelor's degree in a related field and at least five (5) years of Human Resources experience; remote frontline experience and HR certification a plus.
- High degree of professionalism; able to deal with extremely confidential information.
- Good management skills, including negotiating skills and ability to influence as needed.
- Good interpersonal skills to work with others. Ability to communicate clearly both in writing and verbally. Capable of developing communications, trainings, and presentations. Able to present or train individuals or large groups in a variety of methods.
- Sound and accurate judgment with an ability to support and explain reasoning for decisions. Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; and ensure timely decisions are made.
- Leadership abilities and strategic thinking in order to plan organize and implement department goals, foundation policies and other process.
- Team-building skills to encourage collaboration and communication amongst human resources team members and key internal partners.
- Ability to work independently, to multi-task, set priorities, and successfully complete work in a timely manner.
- Strong professional ethics which include approaching others in a tactful manner; reacting well under pressure; treating others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepting responsibility for own actions; following through on commitments.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively with a variety of employee and vendor issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, E-Mail and Internet.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.