Virginia Hospital Center-Arlington Health Systems
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Patient Care Representative - VHC Physician Group-Float Pool
at Virginia Hospital Center-Arlington Health Systems
VHC Physician Group-Float Pool
Purpose and Scope:
Schedules, meets, greets, and registers patients in a friendly, courteous, and professional manner. Answers and routes telephone calls and messages. Coordinates insurance verifications and preauthorizations. Takes payments and completes daily batching. Maintains medical records and prepares charts for clinic sessions. Provides assistance as needed to physicians, Practice Administrator, and clinical staff.
I. Position Requirements:
A. Education: Post high school degree or certificate preferred.
B. Experience: Two years relevant experience required. Knowledge of medical office or hospital scheduling systems and electronic medical records preferred. Knowledge of medical terminology and medical office billing and operations preferred.
C. Other Qualifications: Qualified candidates must possess excellent interpersonal communication ability, customer service skills, and telephone etiquette. Must be able to perform in a high-pressure environment and have the ability to organize multiple tasks and prioritize responsibilities. Must maintain a high level of confidentiality. Must present professionally, have a pleasant personality, and ability to communicate positively with patients and staff.
Awards and Recognition
- Virginia Hospital Center (VHC) is a nationally recognized Hospital and teaching facility that has been delivering the highest quality care to the Washington, DC metropolitan area for over 70 years.
- Earning the 2016 Top Hospital award from the Leapfrog Group for excellence in hospital safety and quality for the second year in a row, VHC consistently achieves the highest levels of patient satisfaction.
- Located in Arlington, VA, VHC is a proud member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network (a national network of independent healthcare organizations).
- VHC is the largest Hospital in the region that was named a Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services Four-Star Hospital, and is also designated as a Magnet hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
- In 2016, VHC earned the Distinguished Hospital Clinical Excellence Award and the Outstanding Patient Experience Award from HealthGrades.
- VHC is a 394-bed, all-private room Hospital.
- Arlington is home to the Pentagon and the Arlington National Cemetery.
- Fairfax and Arlington Counties continues to attract families who enjoy living near D.C. but desire a suburban lifestyle.
- Fairfax County has some of the highest ranking schools in the nation according to U.S. News and World Reports.
- Arlington County also offers outstanding schools - about 91 percent of all graduating high school seniors in Arlington go on to attend college.
- Northern Virginia has many recreational and community amenities including: over 89 miles of biking/jogging trails, 167 public parks, approximately 14 community centers, 7 live stage theaters, 8 libraries, and 652 restaurants.
- Whether you choose to live in Arlington County, Fairfax County, or in any of the other great areas in the DC area, you will have little problem in finding a location that is right for you.
We look forward to hearing from qualified candidates interested in joining us in a highly collegial environment where the patient is at the center of what we do.
HOW TO APPLY?
1. Complete the online application
2. Complete the electronic talent assessment (multiple-choice questionnaire)
In order for your application to be valid, the electronic talent assessment must be completed and submitted. Applicants who only complete the application without the talent assessment won't be considered.