Virginia Hospital Center-Arlington Health Systems
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Clinical Technician I - Medical-Renal
at Virginia Hospital Center-Arlington Health Systems
Purpose and Scope:
The Clinical Technician I works under the direct supervision of the RN and is an active member of the health care team. Under the direct supervision of a licensed nurse, the Clinical Technician I performs a variety of routine duties involving the care of patients including performing direct patient care or activities of daily living, observing and reporting changes in the status of patients, providing a clean and safe environment, transporting patients, and other related duties. Clinical Technician I must be empathetic and have good communication and nursing skills to care for patients.
A. Academic: High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred.
B. Experience: Experiences PCA or similar role with equivalent practices for level as defined by ladder; or Completion or enrollment in Clinical Technician I program or equivalent; or Graduate of MA course or equivalent program is required.
C. Certification/License: BLS for Healthcare Provider required, CNA license or MA license is preferred.
D. Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Assists residents with dressing, bathing, oral hygiene and related personal care. Serves food, feeds residents and collects trays when necessary. Maintains clean and dry bed, changes bed linen, gathers and deposits soiled laundry. Lifts residents in and out of beds and wheelchair, positions residents when necessary. Observes residents to report physical and behavioral symptoms to medical personnel in charge. Takes and records resident's blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration and weight.
Awards and Recognition
- Virginia Hospital Center (VHC) is a nationally recognized Hospital and teaching facility that has been delivering the highest quality care to the Washington, DC metropolitan area for over 70 years.
- Earning the 2016 Top Hospital award from the Leapfrog Group for excellence in hospital safety and quality for the second year in a row, VHC consistently achieves the highest levels of patient satisfaction.
- Located in Arlington, VA, VHC is a proud member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network (a national network of independent healthcare organizations).
- VHC is the largest Hospital in the region that was named a Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services Four-Star Hospital, and is also designated as a Magnet hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
- In 2016, VHC earned the Distinguished Hospital Clinical Excellence Award and the Outstanding Patient Experience Award from HealthGrades.
- VHC is a 394-bed, all-private room Hospital.