USA Parking System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Valet Manager USA
at USA Parking System
- Requisition ID
- 91529 - HOTEL ROANOKE
Tell me about this position!
Spplus/USA Parking System, Inc.
Department: Valet Parking
Position: Assistant Valet Parking Manager
Individual will assist to oversee all aspects of valet parking operations, parking services/rates and is responsible for foreseeing the possible impact all events will have on property parking operation. Individual is also responsible for client satisfaction, assisting Valet Parking Manager with account performance and delivering and leading 5 diamond service levels.
Valet Parking Manager
All parking customers, Valet Parking Manager, hotel department heads and valet parking associates
Individual will be responsible for the proper functioning and operation of the valet parking facility and assist to make and carry out all policy decisions as approved by USA Parking System, Inc. Individual will have a working knowledge of the Standard Operating Procedures of all levels of the entire parking operation. Individual will be responsible for ensuring all Standard Operating Procedures are being carried out by all valet parking associates while under their management. Assistant Valet Parking Manager will ensure all high level final decisions regarding the associates, client, operations and guests are run through the Valet Parking Manager for approval first before taking action. Varying levels of authority may be assigned.
Individual will possess and use aggressive hospitality skills in order to portray an image of professionalism that is guaranteed to ensure total customer and client satisfaction. Individual will closely monitor the status of the parking operation that will include, but not be limited to . . . associate related issues, operations related issues, customer related issues, loss prevention issues and corporate office requirements.
Individual will assist the Valet Parking Manager maintain sufficient staffing and ensure proper training and coaching. Individual must maintain and exercise the philosophy of USA Parking System, Inc. at all times.
- Ability to do basic arithmetic with knowledge of practical bookkeeping and basic accounting functions.
- Two (2) years experience as a manager.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to provide professional communications.
- Ability to lead a team, display exceptional professionalism.
- Full understanding of 5 diamond service and the ability to train to it, motivate staff and hold others accountable for standards.
- Ability to pass a drug screen, posses a valid driver’s license with a safe driving record and clean criminal history.
- Ability to wear a uniform, work outside in extreme temperatures, and adhere to company appearance standards
- High school graduate or GED
- Ability to smile, acknowledge, greet and extend a warm welcome to each and every customer.
- Ability to enhance the well being of each customer to ensure a positive memorable parking experience.
- Ability to provide high level of customer service and demand the same from all associates.
- Ability to maintain high standard of cleanliness of work area, personal appearance, organization, etc. and demand the same from associates.
- Ability to preplan, prepare, obtain and organize info of property business levels and formulate solutions.
- Advanced Google or Microsoft software.
- Valet Parking Software working experience
- Hotel management experience
- 4+ years service related management experience
- Proven ability to manage a team, and meet
- Ability to communicate in other languages, Spanish preferred
- Previous customer relations training.
- Previous formal parking or hotel management training.
- College degree in hotel, hospitality, restaurant or retail.
Essential Job Functions:
- Have basic knowledge of employment laws for state in which individual works.
- Interview, select and train all levels of associates. Ensure staffing levels are appropriate for standard and event staffing.
- Ensure all associate completes a drug test and background check.
- Ensure all associates are eligible to work in the US.
- Identify special talent shown by associates and identify for possible promotion.
- Assist personally in new manager training program when called upon.
- Consult with HR office before terminating associate for cause.
- Attend all continued training seminars and classes when called upon.
- Attend all meetings required by property and corporate office.
- Oversee, and ensure inventory and return of uniforms from separated associates.
- Hold, at a minimum quarterly associate staff meetings.
- Ensure all associate evaluations are current and accurate without disparity.
- Create weekly schedule and post by end of the day on Thursdays.
- Ensure a passdown diary is being used to document and communicate with details to next shift.
- Must focus on limiting overtime by hourly associates.
- Must have a working knowledge of all aspects of property parking operations.
- Must enforce associate-parking areas and policy.
- Train on, enforce and ensure consistency with phone answering script.
- Must enforce 4 corner associate posting and rotation procedures.
- Closely monitor and enforce tip pooling and tip reporting procedures.
- Must enforce all policies as outlined in the Associate Handbook
- Must preplan, prepare and execute plan for property functions.
- Ensure all shifts perform a cash bank out and cash is dropped according to cash drop procedures and recorded in AS400.
- Audit all bank out and cash drops.
- Ensure cash drops are recorded on revenue recap.
- Ensure all overnight charges (when applicable) are recorded on revenue recap or Progress Report.
- Ensure all master account charges (when applicable) are recorded on revenue recap.
- Complete payroll on a weekly basis.
- Track and monitor operational supplies and place supply orders in a timely manner using Sciquest whenever possible.
- Complete and turn in a vacation request form to management before taking time off.
- Driver's license must maintain a valid status and management must be alerted when incurring a suspension or moving violations that brings license status outside of company standards.
- Must perform at a high level in aggressive hospitality at all times, with guests, associates, corporate associates, vendors and client associates.
- Reinforce and hold associates accountable on customer name recognition program.
- AAA standards must be integrated into daily training and line ups.
- Must ensure that a tuxedo uniform is available for black tie functions.
- Must ensure that associates are observing vehicle call-down procedures.
- Must ensure that associates are observing luxury vehicle procedures.
- Must ensure that associates are observing oversize vehicle procedures.
- Must ensure that associates are observing handicap vehicle procedures.
- Must problem solve all customer complaints in a professional manner.
- Must ensure that associates are observing seemingly intoxicated customer procedures.
- Must ensure that associates are observing prohibition of removing customer vehicle from property procedures.
- Must ensure that associates are observing procedures of securing customer valuables in vehicle.
- Must ensure a vehicle pre-existing damage inspection is completed.
- Must create a lot map marking all valet parking locations.
- Must ensure lot checks are being completed once per shift.
- Must become an expert in identifying parking hazards and communicate such to associates and the Safety team.
- Must ensure that an “incident report” is filed out and called into the hotline regarding all associate and customer claims of damage/missing items/injury.
- Must ensure photo is taken of such damage.
- Must ensure “lost ticket report” is filled out when an unrecognized customer claims vehicle without a claim check.
- Must ensure all visitor (cash) tickets are locked and inventoried and signed out when issued.
- Must ensure cashier booth is locked at all times.
- Must report a stolen vehicle immediately to the claims division.
- Emails should be monitored and responded to several times per day, and time sensitive directives and activities are met and resolved timely.
A review of this job description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the associate occupying this position. Associate will be required to perform any other job-related duties as assigned by their supervisor including the corporate office.
This document does not create any employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
I have read and understand my core competencies and routine job duties. If I have any questions, or need clarity, I will contact my manager or Human Resources Department.