Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
DoD Cleared Overnight Security Officer
at Allied Universal
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Security Officer - Secret Clearance
- Workdays Available
- Friday, Saturday
- Shifts Available
We are North America’s leading security services provider with over 160,000 phenomenal employees. For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more! Approximately 65% of our managers were internally promoted!?You too can start with little, to no security experience and become one of Allied Universal’s many success stories. We have great part-time and flexible schedules!
Allied Universal Services is seeking a Department of Defense (DoD) Cleared Security Officer.
An Allied Universal Security Officer assigned to this specific job position will be responsible for the protection of and access to highly classified and sensitive equipment, technology and information. Protection of this equipment is extremely regulated in a controlled environment and only highly qualified Professional Security Officers are charged with this critical responsibility. Rigorous adherence and understanding of security protocols is mandatory, as is a US Government security clearance.
Essential Tasks (list not all inclusive):
- Protect persons, assets and information
- Respond to and assess security alarms or emergency alarms, emergency situations, medical aid, fires, oxygen deficiency alarms, first responder; secure classified information, escort visitors and contractors, secure ingress and egress situations
- Ensure the highest quality security services in the protection of personnel, property and information with professionalism; fulfill duties politely, without fear or favor
- Preserve order and enforce rules, regulations and directives for the viability of the site and the safety of personnel, equipment and sensitive information
- Greet guests and employees in a cheerful and welcoming manner
- Answer questions and assist guests and employees
- Patrol the facility, internal and external
- Report safety concerns, security breaches and unusual circumstances, both through written and verbal means
- Know site-specific operations performance manuals and post orders
- Open/close, lock/unlock sensitive rooms and areas
- Conduct personal sweeps in closed areas; monitor prohibited items in certain areas
- Conduct “person lookups” for rights and permissions to specific areas and rooms
- Correspond and interact with corporate security personnel regarding orders and execution
- Minimum of 2 years high-level security experience on DOD site or similar in military
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associate Degree or higher (preferred)
- Ability to write clear concise incident reports
- Understand proper radio protocol
- Possess a good working knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Be articulate and able to explain a situation coherently
- Be a leader and self-starter
- Have experience managing or leading a team of individuals
- Understand accountability and lead by example
- Possess a minimum of a Department of Defense (DoD) Secret security clearance
In the Security Industry, a Professional Security Officer may be required to possess a guard card/license depending on the state in which they are employed. The guard card/license is paid for by the owner of the license and becomes the property of that individual.
Allied Universal is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Allied Universal will provide qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations pursuant to the Americans with Disability Act and/or any other applicable state or local laws. We are committed to hiring veterans and reservists. Since 2013, we have hired over 25,000 heroes.