Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Trex Company
Trex Company, the world’s number one decking and railing brand, and leader in high-performance, low-maintenance outdoor living products, is seeking a Reprocess Technician to work in a team environment on production floor to meet all safety, quality, housekeeping, and production goals..
Help us deliver what’s next in outdoor living by operating a forklift and clamp truck to load or unload raw materials and finished goods, and assist with raw material identification.
As our next Reprocess Technician you are a good communicator and troubleshooter, and you have process knowledge and extrusion/intellution computer knowledge.
Talented employees are just one of Trex Company’s trademarks. This is your chance to work for a company consistently awarded recognition for market leadership and innovation. Trex outdoor living products offer significant design flexibility with fewer ongoing maintenance requirements than wood, as well as a truly environmentally responsible choice. Trex decking products contain 95 percent recycled content and we are one of the largest plastic scrap recyclers in the U.S. Our organization keeps 400 million pounds of plastic and wood scrap out of landfills every year.
Besides working for the company known for its recycling heritage and as a creator of amazing outdoor living spaces, Trex employees enjoy an industry-leading compensation and benefits package, bonuses and incentive programs, tuition assistance, and more: trex.com/careers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in a safe and efficient manner at all times.
- Operate forklift/clamp truck in a safe and efficient manner when handling raw material for storage or processing.
- Control production lines in order to meet specified line rates and parameter specifications.
- Possess strong knowledge of how the processes works, as well as working knowledge of all the pieces of equipment within each process line,
- Identify problems specific to the process, and know how to troubleshoot and resolve them.
- Perform housekeeping duties to keep the plant safe and ensure its appearance remains acceptable.
- Possess good communication with crew members, maintenance and leadership.
- Be able to work as a good team member.
- Perform special processes and projects as required by Shift Supervisor, Production Manager or other leadership.
Key Competencies include:
- Effective communications.
- Taking initiative.
- Flexibility to change.
Experience and Education:
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must be able to work 12-hour shifts, standing for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to be forklift certified, which requires proper vision, hearing and motor skills.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to wear PPE at all times.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and communicate well with others.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment with bulk materials, chemical systems, extrusion processes or related experience preferred.