The Linde Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Healthcare Operations Supervisor
at The Linde Group
- # of Openings
Healthcare Operations Supervisor
The Linde Group, is one of the world leaders in gases, engineering and healthcare. We operate in more than 100 countries across the globe and generated revenue of $20.13B in 2017. But what makes us great is our people, because they make great things happen. Guided by integrity, Linde employees take pride in what they do, because they know it makes a real difference to our customers. They are empowered to turn a challenge into an opportunity to learn and grow. This is how they take the lead, every day.
At The Linde Group we identify ourselves with our products – either working for the technical or medical gases business. Being a company with a long tradition in the gases business, we not only care about our customers and high quality products, but most importantly about our employees. While working with us, expect a safe workplace, high safety standards and a true commitment from our managers to safety.
Linde is currently seeking a Healthcare Operations Supervisor to join the team in the Richmond, VA area.
Purpose of the Position:
- Manages the day-to-day operational and financial operations of a Healthcare/CSCM plant ensuring highest level of safety, compliance with safety and quality regulatory requirements, the highest level of customer service and lowest possible cost
- Assist the Plant Manager with the execution of principle operational responsibilities to meet or exceed key performance indicators at the site
- Support the liaison between the plant, Linde account management and the customer
- Lead and manage daily Transportation Operations for assigned location(s) by providing properly trained and prepared driver and equipment resources to insure continuous product supply to Linde customers. Typical location will make and deliver multiple product lines.
- Lead cross functional support teams on continuous improvement projects and initiatives. Significant involvement with all Logistics action plans to support Regional Supply network.
Safety and Regulatory
— Manage site compliance to management systems; Serve as Safety, Health, Environmental and Emergency Co-ordinator, QC Designee, Document Manager, and Corrective and Preventative Action administrator.
— Ensure all changes to equipment or procedures follow EMOC procedure.
— Ensure the HWP process, Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) and energy isolation procedures are adhered to by all employees and contractors.
— Manage storage of all hazardous materials at site(s) in accordance with government regulation.
— Host internal and external audits: utilize Web Audit Manager and Synergy to execute, document all corrective actions issued to the site from Audits and Incidents review (when applicable).
— Maintain site security and orderliness.
— Planning and executing of major and minor plant maintenance activities including management and oversight of contractors.
— Ensure all equipment condition monitoring parameters are reviewed and in within limits.
— Ensure spare parts are available and inventories are accurate.
— Oversee all planned and unplanned maintenance activities.
— Maintain current the Site Contingency Plan information.
— Maintain a Shutdown and Turnaround work list and schedule.
— Manage the efficient use of downtime.
Process Operation and Efficiency
— Inventory management of bulk liquid storage and backup units at the site(s).
— Ensure work instructions are adhered to.
— Act as process expert and know when to escalate problems to Regional or Central levels.
— Ensure compliance with corporate standards and best operating practices.
— Work effectively with organization support groups to improve reliability and costs.
Administrative and Managerial (Staff)
—— Manage staff training and growth through computerized training program and performance management process.
— Manage change, encourage capability, motivate staff, development and foster teamwork within the plant.
— Ensure all employees, contractors and visitors are appropriately trained.
— Timely and accurate entry of information required to invoice the customer.
— Accept On-call duty and overtime as required.
Administrative and Managerial (Customer)
— Follow all Quality Control requirements to ensure a quality product is delivered to Linde’s customers. Meet FDA requirements
— Assist with managing customers relationship; Act as point of contact for day-to-day operational issues with customers (customer liaison - including tonnage invoicing data collection).
— Promote customer focus amongst staff.
— Manage customer reporting process (if applicable).
— Provide technical support to commercial account representatives
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 3 Years supervisor experience
- Minimum 3 Years distribution experience
- Minimum 3 Years operations experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Medical gases or equipment operations experience preferred
- Demonstrated track record in solid safety performance
- Knowledge of DOT, OSHA and Hazmat regulations
- Familiar with CGMP regulations
- Knowledge of National Labor Relations Board regulations (preferred)
- Familiar with PM based maintenance programs
- Strong degree of computer literacy
- Familiarity with Linde Distribution systems a plus (Gold, XATA, NeXIS)
- Good communication skills - must be able to effectively communicate with office staff, drivers and senior management
- Must have strong coaching skills
- Math – basic algebra, fractions/percentages, unit conversion
- Personal computer proficiency (Internet, word processing, spreadsheets), and other software used by the company.
- Knowledge of Linde Management Processes.
- Strong organizational ability.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal abilities to support mentoring/coaching activities.
- Aptitude for Project management/Change management.
- Capacity for Crisis Management skills – damage control, tradeoffs, etc…
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Familiarity with relevant OSHA standards.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to interpret engineering and electrical drawings to include P&IDs and One Line Diagrams.
Apply today @ https://uscareers-lgamericas.icims.com
Linde is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Company provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status or any legally recognized status entitled to protection under applicable federal, state, or local laws