Southern States Cooperative, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Equipment Repair Technician
at Southern States Cooperative, inc.
Job TitleEquipment Repair Technician
LocationRussell Co Coop-17975
Area of InterestRetail Store
Repair or overhaul small engines and related mechanical or structural parts for a variety of equipment types. Provide own tools.
Essential Job Functions
- Repair and maintain small engines, large lawn equipment, mowers, tillers, tractors and other equipment. Observe all safety and security procedures, report potentially unsafe conditions and use equipment/materials properly.
- Perform repairs within time parameters established by flat rate time or billed time with proper diagnosis.
- Diagnose small engine problems and maintain an orderly and clean shop area. Collect/dispose of trash.
- Clearly explain the diagnosis and repair to the customer.
- Study and review all relevant product repair updates.
- Inspect, maintain and clean all equipment. Report faulty equipment or hazards to manager.
- Meet with management to discuss repair trends, comebacks and service issues.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with management, employees, vendors and customers. Display a positive attitude on a daily basis and encourage other technicians to meet daily/weekly goals. Work to develop a sense of team inside and outside of the service department.
- Respond promptly and courteously to customer needs and effectively manage difficult situations with customers.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness. Monitor, promote and improve quality of work. Follow instructions and promptly respond to management direction. Work with integrity and uphold company values.
- Fill out work orders in their entirety and turn in on time.
- Continually seek technical and product training when available.
- Perform all other job functions as assigned.
Education: Requires a High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
Experience: Requires at least two years of previous mechanical/diagnostic experience with lawn/garden and farm equipment.
Previous Southern States work experience a plus.
- Must supply own tools
- Must have good eyesight (correctable to 20/20) and normal hearing for diagnostics and trouble- shooting equipment
- Ability to continually life and handle heavy loads of up to 70 pounds
- Ability to analyze and conclude
- Ability to perform work with concentration, focus and attention to detail
- Able to complete paperwork, reports, documentation and email communication in a legible, organized and timely manner
- Ability to follow safety, quality control and operating procedures at all times
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Professional demeanor and representation of the company
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and as part of a team
- Goal oriented and able to provide exceptional customer service
- Willing to work beyond regularly scheduled hours to meet customer demands
- Job functions are performed in a retail service department environment.
Physical Activities & Requirements
While performing the essential job functions of this position, the following is required:
- Continuously balance, bend, finger and handle, reach with arms and hands, stand, twist back and neck, repetitive motion feed and hands, push, pull, lift, carry 70 lbs unassisted, kneel, stoop, walk
- Occasionally drive, sit, climb, stack
Tools & Equipment
Provides own tools.Southern States Cooperative, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against individuals based on their race, color, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws, or regulations.