Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Payload Engineer - Wideband, Command & Telemetry
Job Description: SAIC is seeking a payload wideband digital signal processing systems engineer with a breadth of digital subsystem experience in the following areas as well as narrow band command and telemetry links.
- Support the customer in the oversight of the development and documentation of the specifications associated with his or her assigned thread.
- Provide expert advice and coordination concerning wideband digital payload thread/hardware development and command and telemetry links requirements/hardware development, including encryption functionality.
- Assess feasibility of new payloads and payload functionality enhancements, particularly as they are associated with his/her assigned thread.
- Review and asses specifications, RADs, RVPs, lCDs, RVRs and system level requirements documentation pertaining to his/her thread and the functionality and accommodation of payloads onto the satellite bus.
- Review, analyze and coordinate any changes to specifications associated with his/her thread.
- Review payload requirements allocations for accuracy and ensure requirement allocation documentation is complete and accurate.
- Provide recommendations to the USG regarding acceptability of RVRs and payload compliance to requirements as it pertains to his/her thread.
- Support system sell-off events as these pertain to his/her thread.
- Track development issues, significant accomplishments and upcoming events and provide weekly status updates to the customer.
- Attend space system and payload level design reviews and program management reviews to assess design maturity, requirements compliance as it pertains to his/her thread and to provide informed technical recommendations to the USG.
- ldentify and assess emerging risks; develop and evaluate proposed burn-down plans.
- Provide expert advice/analysis on requirements development and interface considerations for new payload developments.
- Provide support to launch and satellite on-orbit test as required by the customer.
- Attend branch meetings as appropriate at the request of the customer to coordinate support activities.
- Provide technical evaluation of payload efforts in contractor Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs).
- Attend contractor milestone reviews (e.g. PDR, CDR, pretest, pre-ship and other meetings) to provide technically based recommendations regarding satisfaction of review entrance and exit criteria.
- Provide support to factory integration and test activities as required.
- Develop productive relationships with prime contractor counterparts, functional counterparts, and other payload and payload subsystem subject matter experts.
- Advise and mentor USG payload systems engineering and payload subsystem personnel regarding his/her thread.
- Other duties as specified by the customer.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience. (Required)
- Experience with digital signal processing and data collection methods, signal processing algorithm development and analysis, modulation/coding/multiplexing/data framing approaches. (Required)
- Experience with or understanding of digital signal processing and data collection requirements derivation, development and analysis. (Required)
- Experience with digital signal processing hardware design (ADC, FPGA, ASIC), development and manufacturing. (Required)
- Experience in satellite command and telemetry subsystems, command data formats, command link analysis, and command and data encryption. (Required)
- Experience in both requirements development and sell off and hardware design and development. (Required)
- The selected candidate will be responsible for two areas of focus. One area is wideband digital systems. He or she will be responsible for ensuring successful requirements thread analysis, evaluation of requirements allocations documents (RADs), requirements verification plans (RVPs), requirement verification reports (RVRs), sell-off recommendations, current payload contract support, future payload architecture trades and technology development, proposal technical evaluations and all related payload hardware development. The second focus area encompasses payload command and telemetry links with similar duties as for the payload. (Required)
- Candidate should be experienced in the design & integration of satellite payloads and knowledgeable of space system development and space vehicle development. (Required)
SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAICs approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see ( My SAIC Benefits.EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability