Roanoke County Public Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Instructional Assistant (part time / after school) Glen Cove & Mason Cove Elem.
at Roanoke County Public Schools
Roanoke County Public Schools is accepting applications for a part-time instructional assistant position at Glen Cove & Mason Cove Elementary Schools working in the after school preschool program for 10 hours per week.
Perform responsible human support and paraprofessional work assisting classroom teachers or other professionals to achieve instructional objectives, assisting special population students with achieving established goals and with personal care and mobility.
The following duties are normal for this position. The omission of specific students of the duties do not exclude the other duties if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment for this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job description. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Assists classroom teacher in performing specific duties as assigned.
- Undertakes specialized tasks to achieve and enhance instructional objectives.
- Works with individuals or small groups to reinforce material introduced by the teacher.
- Provides programmed practice activities and repetitions as developed by teacher, therapist or pathologist.
- Assists with large group activities.
- Escorts students to special classes and therapy.
- Guides independent study and other work assigned by teacher.
- Reports student problems to the teacher and assists with student problems.
- Assists students mobility needs; assist with loading and unloading buses.
- Assists with breakfast, lunch, snack, clean-up, lavatory, clothing, personal hygiene and wash-up routines.
- Lifting is required, maximum 75 lbs.
- Performs related work as required.
Education and Experience:
Applicants must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent. A minimum of two (2) years college experience OR successfully completed Parapro Assessment is required at some schools. Individuals who do not meet these qualifications will not be considered at some locations; applicants must satisfy employment eligibility requirements for Title I schools. Experience working with children is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
General knowledge of the practices, methods and techniques used in the teaching of special education population; ability to maintain files and information; ability to deal effectively with special education students and teachers; skill in the use of classroom and instructional equipment; ability to operate audio visual, standard office, work and data processing equipment; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with teachers, parents, students and associates.
Job Contact Information
|Title||Supervisor of Human Resources|
|Phone||540-562-3900, ext. 10143|
Monday, September 24, 2018 12:00 AM
(Eastern Standard Time)