Roanoke County Public Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Building Operator (Custodian) Full-Time - Evening Shift
at Roanoke County Public Schools
Roanoke County Public Schools is accepting applications for full time building operators. This is a 12 month position, 8 hours per day evening shift with full time benefits.
Report to Building Manager
Position Description/Job Summary:
The Building Operator is responsible for maintaining the school building and grounds.
- empty trash
- empty pencil sharpeners
- dry mop
- wet mop
- wipe desk and chairs clean
- damp wipe erasure boards
- dust rooms
- clean walls
- replace empty paper towel rolls & toilet paper
- clean windows
- clean trash cans inside and out
- clean counter tops and fronts of cabinets
- clean towel boxes & soap dispensers
- refill soap dispensers
- check and replace lights
- clean chalk trays
- clean desk tops
- wipe window sills
- spot clean
- clean vents
- clean water fountains
- clean sinks
- clean and refill towel dispensers
- clean and refill soap dispensers
- clean underneath soap dispensers
- clean toilets and urinals
- clean bottom or commodes, behind commodes, partitions, doors and framers
- empty barrels
- clean tops of vending machines
- set up equipment for activities
- grounds maintenance
- snow removal
- building checks
- Work overtime as requested
Professionalism and Abilities:
- Practices confidentiality at all times
- Maintains an attitude of mutual respect and courtesy
- Communicates effectively orally and in writing
- Reacts positively to constructive criticism and suggestions
- Demonstrates initiative and motivation
- Works independently or collaboratively with others in a wide variety of circumstances
- Establishes professional relationships and communicates effectively
- Demonstrates good safety habits and response to emergency situations
- Exercises sound judgment in decision making
- Prepares and presents clear and concise correspondence, complex reports, and policy recommendations
- Organizes conflicting work priorities while coordinating multiple projects and deadlines
- Demonstrates teamwork, flexibility, and ability to adapt to new ideas and situations
- Performs multiple, highly complex technical tasks with a need to periodically upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions
- Possesses strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Education/Experience & Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED Equivalent.
- Ability to lift 50 – 100 lbs. repetitively.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions, i.e., extreme heat and extreme cold.
- Knowledge of custodial cleaning supplies.
- Knowledge of various types and styles of light bulbs.
- Knowledge of school furniture needs.
- Possess computer skills.
- Possess good organizational skills.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
These requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive of the knowledge, skill, and ability required to perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Position will remain open until filled or made inactive.
Job Contact Information
|Name||J. J. Watkins|
|Title||Warehouse Office Manager|
|Phone||562-3900, ext 13000|
Friday, August 16, 2019 12:00 AM
(Eastern Standard Time)