Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Services Lead - Project Quality and Risk Management
at Red Hat
- Job ID
- Remote base
- US-VA-Tysons Corner, US-NC-Raleigh
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Consulting team is looking for an energetic and results-oriented ?Services Lead to join the Project Management Office (PMO). In this role, you will provide thought leadership and define the strategic direction of the core activities and programs of the Services Quality Assurance (SQA) team focused on increasing project delivery excellence, including continuous improvement or retirement of existing programs and the creation of new programs. While providing strategic direction and thought leadership will be your primary function, you will also be involved in day-to-day tactical activities. This role should ideally be based in Tysons Corner, VA or Raleigh, NC. Successful applicants must reside in a state where Red Hat is registered to do business.
Primary job responsibilities
- Oversee North America (NA) Services team’s risk review process and program strategy
- Serve as a point of escalation for review of complex or custom offerings
- Facilitate high-risk contract reviews to include technical and programmatic assessments, contract language, and financial reviews of engagement statements of work (SoWs)
- Work with emerging technology practice leads and regional architects to ensure that technical scoping is accurate, resource allocations are adequate, and project assumptions align with service offerings
- Lead continuous improvement of portfolio oversight processes
- Ensure that regular internal governance is performed on portfolio projects
- Lead development of program reporting dashboards, including executive watchlist
- Serve as resident NA expert on the Services’ Customer Satisfaction (CSat) survey program
- Maintain NA program dashboards and apply basic analytics to support correlation of results to different project types and attributes
- Serve as core contributor or manager of the Project Management (PM) Community of Practice (CoP), which is a contributory forum dedicated to improving Red Hat Services PM practices on a global platform
- Complete regular internal and external status reporting in accordance with Services PM guidelines
- Full understanding of industry-standard project management practices as well as Red Hat’s policies and procedures
- Ability to interact with senior Red Hat management at all levels
- 5 years of experience working as a senior project manager managing internal and IT-based projects, ideally in a professional services setting
- Solid organizational skills, including attention to detail with the ability to build and maintain complex spreadsheets to support data analysis and reporting
- Excellent relationship building, persuasion, and internal communication skills
- Ability to build creative and engaging presentations
- Comfortable overseeing word processing activities for document development and reviews
- Experience using various project management and agile tools
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Salesforce.com (SFDC) experience is a plus
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.