Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Regional PMO Lead - NA Public Sector (Active TS Clearance Required)
at Red Hat
- Job ID
- Program Management
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Services team is looking for a Regional PMO Lead to join us in Tysons Corner, VA. In this role, you will represent the Delivery Practice's North America (NA) Project Management Office (PMO). You’ll support the NA public sector (PS), managing the regional portfolio and collaborating with NA PMO leadership and NA Regional Management Office (RMO). As a Regional PMO Lead, you will handle project escalations, conduct project reviews, and be responsible for overall governance of the regional portfolio. You’ll also serve as a people manager to NAPS project managers. You’ll need to have advanced knowledge of NA PMO project life cycle management and Red Hat’s technologies and experience with various project management tools.
Primary job responsibilities
- Manage the regional project portfolio; be accountable for the successful delivery of projects (small, medium, and large) within the assigned region, ensuring quality of project delivery, positive customer experience, and effective employee engagement
- Communicate closely with NA PMO Leadership
- Perform delivery escalation management; serves as an escalation point for issues beyond project team authority and resolve conflicts involving project priorities, resources, or contractual issues with customers
- Take care of project management resource escalation and people management (engagement and team building)
- Build positive working relationships and partnerships, becoming a trusted advisor and partner
- Perform revenue actuals management, auditing, and project review; conduct or participate in periodic and closure project reviews
- Be responsible for regional statement of work (SoW) project manager time approvals
- Review region SoWs with limited project manager hours; set expectations or make plans of action if SoWs don’t have project manager hours
- Audit the utilization of project managers and make allocation changes if needed
- Support project quality improvements in your Region and the NA PMO
- Instill an organizational project management discipline and guide the adoption of project management fundamentals, principles, and methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree and 15+ years of experience working in fast-paced, growing consultative services organizations
- 10+ years of extensive customer interaction experience in consulting, professional services, program management, or a similar position; 5+ years of enterprise-class software solutions deployment experience
- Proven project management expertise and experience
- Proven people management experience; record of effectively developing and managing associates who directly report to you
- Experience with financial outlooks and actuals, supply and demand management, and forecast management
- Actively involved leadership style; ability to lean in on initiatives to guide successful outcomes
- Ability to participate in a virtual office setting and maintain an active and dynamic presence via phone and email
- Professional and polished demeanor and presence
- Excellent customer service, relationship management, and facilitation skills; ability to inspire or persuade your peers, supervisors, and subordinates across the business to achieve business outcomes
- Solid personal leadership and management skills with a collaborative style; ability to participate at the strategic and tactical levels of the company
- Persistent, flexible, and resilient
- Ability to travel approximately 50% time or as needed by the business
- Active Top Secret government clearance
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.