Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Engineering Technician I
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Engineering Technician I
Duties/General Functions/Requirements/ Experience/Skills:
- Provide support to the Atlantic Targets and Marine Operations Division both on the east and west
- Responsibilities to include boat operations, maintenance on both mechanical and electrical systems.
- Shipboard support to include knowledge of launching and recovery of small boats.
- Applicant must be able to perform said duties with minimal supervision.
- Position will be a part of an established Marine Operations division that supports multiple other
systems on a variety of projects nationwide.
- Candidate can expect to be trained to participate in functions beyond normal operations.
- Ability to travel 40-50% 0f the year, from one to six weeks at a time.
- Ability to obtain a passport.
- Possess valid state drivers license, Commercial Driver License is a plus.
- Physically capable of transferring between vessels at sea.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Basic Micro Soft Office proficiency
- Minimum 2 years general mechanical and boat operations experience.
- General knowledge of boat operations, mechanical and electrical operating system.
- Experience with driving pickup trucks with trailers on the road and in enclosed or limited spaces.
- The employees can expect to work varying hours due to our customers' requirements. We often operate the boats at night and frequently leave shore in the pre-dawn hours to arrive at our required location on time.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Trade school training a plus.
- Professional certifications/licenses a plus
Our benefits and perks include:
- Medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Life/AD&D/STD/LTD insurance
- Tuition and training assistance program
- Wellness program & Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid vacation and sick leave & 10 Paid Holidays
- Mobile phone service discount / Discounted Gym Memberships
The working conditions at our main building will vary from sitting a desk submitting data, reports, and completing work orders in a database to working in the shops (Engine & Engine Rebuild Shop, Metal Shop, Wood Shop, Paint Booth, and various administrative / support rooms and warehouse spaces. The employees operate small boats in both our local waters and off shore in the fleet operating areas. The environmental conditions will vary due to the nature of the requirements.
Ability to obtain a US DoD Interim Secret Security clearance. The ability to maintain clearance throughout employment is a condition of employment.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
For more than 60 years, PAE has tackled the world’s toughest challenges to deliver agile and steadfast solutions to the U.S. government and its allies. With more than 20,000 employees on all seven continents and in more than 70 countries, PAE delivers a broad range of operational support services to meet the critical needs of our clients. Our headquarters is in Falls Church, Virginia. Find us online at pae.com.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.