Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Casual Leader/Acoustics Field Engineer
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Casual Leader/Acoustics Field Engineer
The Atlantic Undersea Test and Evaluation Center (AUTEC) Mission is to provide Naval Warfare Centers, the Fleet, and other customers with accurate undersea, surface, and in-air three-dimensional tracking data and other unique Atlantic test facilities. In support of Research, Development, Test and Evaluation (RDT&E), and Fleet readiness assessment and training. AUTEC is a Major Range and Test Facility Base (MRTFB) and the Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Division Newport's largest single team project, providing both deep and shallow water test and training environments.
This is a casual position as Team Leader for the support of planning, real-time acquisition and post-test reporting for acoustic and environmental test operations for the AUTEC Project.
- Perform system calibration, system operation, preventative and corrective maintenance and system modifications.
- Support acoustic and environmental test planning and coordination for the department.
- Coordinate and support equipment load-out and offload on range craft and operate heavy equipment.
- Support as “Rover” or system operator during testing on naval surface combatants to detect and correct noise deficiencies.
- Maintain and install portable tracking and communication systems.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair electrical generators and quiet power systems.
- Specify equipment requirements, monitor purchases and perform acceptance tests.
- Serve as classified system custodian, IA workforce administrator and department property delegate.
- Responsible for installation, operation and maintenance of quiet power generating systems on vessels and ashore.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors of Science in related field and 5 years related experience working in the operation and maintenance of acoustic and environmental data acquisition systems and analog/digital signal processing or similar is required. 10 years of experience may substitute for BS.
- Technical education/expertise in all of the following: Electrical/Electronic, Ocean Science, Acoustics and Mechanics.
- Forklift and man lift including climbing certification required.
- Must successfully complete NUWC acoustic data analysis, training and certification program within one year of hire.
- Experience in operating and maintaining classified PC based signal processing equipment and system LAN networks.
- Obtain Security Plus and OS certification.
- Physical ability to lift, push, pull and carry up to 50 pounds is required to deploy acoustic sensor arrays and to configure test equipment.
- Working knowledge in signal measurement hardware is required including: Signal Analyzers; Filters; Amplifiers; A/D converters; Function Generators and Sensors.
- Knowledgeable with Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word and Excel).
- Travel to remote test sites will be required.
- Excellent organizational skills and oral and written communication skills.
- This position requires the individual to be eligible to obtain a US Government security clearance; US Citizenship is required.
- Must be able to reside in remote location with limited medical facilities.
- A valid US passport and driver’s license are required.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. PAE’s hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
PAE is a leading provider of enduring support for the essential missions of the U.S. government, its allied partners and international organizations. With over 60 years of experience, PAE supports the execution of complex and critical missions by providing global logistics and stability operations, technical services and national security solutions to customers around the world. PAE has a workforce of approximately 15,000 people in over 60 countries on all seven continents and is headquartered in Arlington, VA.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with PAE, please call Recruiting at (703) 656-6064 or email email@example.com with "Disability Assistance" in the subject line.