Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Technical Architect
at Next Century
Next Century is seeking an experienced Chief Architect with the ability to energize and guide innovative software engineering teams. This individual will be a hands-on contributor and will have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies to support mission-critical legacy applications for our customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead software engineering teams by example in driving and implementing actionable process, efficiency, and quality improvements
- Dive into code; use software development best-practices to contribute high-quality code and thoughtful architecture to deliver solutions for internal and customer projects
- Write, review and optimize architecture and code for our solutions and services including front-end, back-end, service layers
- Contribute to documentation, tests, coding style and standards, accessibility, performance, security, and more
- Continuously learn new technologies and concepts: train and mentor team members
- Contribute technical information and guidance for proposals and business development efforts
- Drive accountability and partner with leaders across Next Century to translate engineering capabilities into strategic opportunities
- Collaborate with customers, partners, and end users to influence project planning and technical design
- Foster a dynamic development team culture with a focus on collaboration, innovation and excellence
- Facilitate team and organizational discussions, openly sharing knowledge, and demonstrating value for technical and non-technical contributions
- Support a safe, inclusive workplace and a positive team culture where all team members value diversity and individual differences
To be successful, you will need:
- A minimum of 10 years of hands on experience in software engineering utilizing full-stack technologies
- B.S. or B.A. degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Security, Data Science, or a related Information Technology discipline
- Solid Object-Oriented Design and Development skills
- Demonstrated professional experience developing and interfacing with APIs
- Expertise in the full software development lifecycle. This includes development, deployment, testing, and monitoring
- Demonstrated team and technical leadership
- Great people skills.
- Demonstrated professional experience developing software solutions within an Agile environment
- Experience analyzing system requirements and translating user stories to software architecture and task specifications
- Experience with DevOps
- Knowledge in optimization
- Love of test-driven development and continuous integration,
- Experience mentoring junior programmers
- Proposal development experience
- Learning-mode mentality
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Desire to do meaningful work that has a positive impact on people's lives
- Self-motivated, but with a team player mentality
- Must be eligible to obtain a security clearance
About Next Century
We were founded as a direct result of the 9/11 attacks and provide solutions that integrate situational awareness, at a glance analysis, decision support, collaboration, and other core capabilities utilizing our expertise in data visualization, user interface design, GIS, image exploitation, and mobile computing.
Who We Are Seeking
At Next Century, we are committed to growing our team of high performers to accomplish our mission of saving lives and protecting our country. We are not a body shop; we avoid staff augmentation, and we are totally committed to excellence in all that we do. Joining our team is not just a position, but a journey with a group of world-class software engineers who share a passion for using their skills and experience to make a difference.
We are seeking those who hold these traits and beliefs:
- Are passionate about protecting our country and saving lives
- Desire and commitment to continual improvement, on a journey to high performance
- Ability to work closely with end-users to identify the most critical information
- Exhibit passion for learning and curiosity of the world
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.