Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Account Executive, State and Local Government-Mid Atlantic
at MarkLogic Corporation.
Senior Account Executive, State and Local Government-Mid-Atlantic
MarkLogic® is the world’s best database for integrating data from silos. MarkLogic is an operational and transactional Enterprise NoSQL database platform, and organizations around the world rely on it to integrate their most critical data and build innovative applications on a 360-degree view of that data. MarkLogic makes it easy to get data in and easy to get data out, and it is 100 percent trusted to run critical business operations. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, MarkLogic has offices throughout the U.S., Europe, Asia, and Australia
We are seeking a highly experienced State and Local Government Account Executive to be responsible for driving strategic sales initiatives within the Mid-Atlantic region.
- To be the key driver and accept ownership for bringing opportunities to closure and meeting assigned revenue objectives quarterly
- To drive the adoption of the MarkLogic offerings into the identified segments through contact with senior executive and technical influencers with a view to win major new account opportunities for MarkLogic
- Win major new account opportunities for MarkLogic
- Develop and execute revenue driven sales strategies and business plans to ensure growth and quota objectives are achieved
- To ensure that the benefits of the complete range of MarkLogic offerings are understood and communicated at all levels within the account
- To work either independently or in partnership with the channels to ensure MarkLogic objectives are met
- To play a coordination role between MarkLogic, key customers and selected channels.
- Monitor the market, maintaining an awareness of competitor activity and recommending appropriate counter measures which will enable MarkLogic to retain market leadership
- Ensure administrative activity (forecasting, account planning, sales documentation etc.)
- Travel as required
- Target driven, Individual Contributor possessing passion and a commitment to exceed sales targets, and a proven track record of having done so.
- Experience in structured sales techniques spanning the entire sales cycle i.e. identification and qualification of opportunities, business development and ongoing account management
- 7+ years State and Local government market experience
- Experience selling into a technical user base + C Level.
- Structured and strategic approach to account/territory planning
- Ability to use a wide range of skills (listening, questioning, qualifying, gaining commitment, negotiating, summarizing and closing) in order to adopt a tailored approach to the prospect or client based on recognition of their signals
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to influence at senior levels
- Self-driven and motivated
- HHS experience at the federal and State level is a plus
- High Tech background, experience with Database, Web Server, Enterprise Software a plus.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.