General Dynamics Information Technology
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Software Developer, JAVA (Polygraph)
at General Dynamics Information Technology
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Job Function
- Information Technology
- Security Clearance Level
- Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
- Full/Part Time
- Full Time
- Demonstrated software development experience programming in Java.
- Demonstrated understanding of Java Enterprise technologies.
- Demonstrated experience with Junit.
- Demonstrated experience with relational databases knowledge, working experience with SQL and PL/SQL.
- Experience with revision control systems like svn and git.
- Web development Experience with ExtJS, Spring, Hibernate.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Desired Experience /Knowledge
- Lotus Notes application development experience.
- Lotus Notes administration experience.
Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
- Leads the research and development of new software products and applications on the leading edge of established knowledge and standards.
- Conceives, designs, prototypes, and tests new methods, algorithms, and models.
- Identifies and directs resolution of complex hardware/software interface issues.
- Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
- Ability to understand requirements documents and high level architecture designs.
- Proven track record understanding legacy software.
- Serves as customer interface to resolve problems and ensure requirements are met on a timely basis.
- Track record of quality software development including creation and execution of tests, release documentation.
- Excellent programming skills in Java server-side development.
- Skilled in database interactions.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- May provide expertise to multiple projects and tasks.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Willing to work in a fast paced environment.
- Experience working with Web Services.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
Masters Degree preferred.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
10-15 years of related software development experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.