General Dynamics Information Technology
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Security Officer Advisor
at General Dynamics Information Technology
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Job Function
- Security Clearance Level
- Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
- Full/Part Time
- Full Time
Security Officer is being sought to immediately join the GDIT/IH&SD/RP Security Team providing matrixed support to multiple contract activities managed from GDIT facilities in Chantilly, VA. Officer’s primary responsibilities will involve execution of comprehensive Personnel Security operations designed to provide efficient and effective processing of all initial, periodic, continuous evaluation and special security clearance and special access cases for an IC Agency Customer. The scope of the Security Team’s Personnel Security activities includes close internal GDIT coordination with multiple contract Program Management Offices, Recruiters, HR and Security personnel and continuous external coordination with the IC Agency Customer and all related industry and government security personnel around the globe where GDIT personnel are assigned supporting the Customer’s contracts. In addition, the position incumbent will also provide Contract Program Security Officer support to selected contracts providing Program, Personnel, Physical, Technical, Information, Information Systems, Communications, and Operations Security services in accord with Customer requirements.
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or a related business discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
At least 8 years of related experience in personnel, physical, or industrial security administration, preferably in the government contracting industry.
- Outstanding interpersonal, teamwork, and customer service skills
- Strong communications skills and security supervisory experience
- Personnel Security experience on-site with the I&HSD/RP Customer
- In-depth working knowledge of ICD-704 and the Customer’s Clearance processes and tools
- Familiarity with the Customer’s Security Manual and related IC and DOD Security policy
- Current TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Prior experience with GDIT Chantilly Security Team and I&HSD/RP facility security operations
- Prior GDIT experience supporting another Chantilly Customer contract(s)
- Prior government security service in an IC organization
- Proven Customer relations experience with the I&HSD/RP Customer
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.