Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Jr Business Architect
at DMi Partners
- Job ID
- Software Development
DMI (Digital Management, LLC.), the world’s first end-to-end mobility company, combines all the skills and services necessary to deliver mobile enterprise solutions. Built to reinvent business through mobility, DMI has expertise in mobile strategy, UX, web, and app development, omni-channel commerce, brand and marketing, IoT and big data analytics, and secure device and app management. The company’s unique, integrated approach to mobility has resulted in dramatic growth as well as an expanding client base, which includes hundreds of Fortune 1000 commercial clients and all fifteen U.S. Federal Departments. DMI is headquartered in Bethesda, MD, with satellite offices around the world. The company was named one of the 2018 Top Workplaces in the Washington, DC area by The Washington Post and received Inc. Magazine’s Hire Power Award as one of the top 100 Private Job Creators in the US. Additional information is available at www.dminc.com and on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
About the Opportunity
DMI (Digital Management, LLC.) is looking for a Jr Business Architect to support our client in Herndon, VA
Duties and Responsibilities:
- As Jr Business Architect your primary goal is help establish and enable specific solutions; Help translate business strategy into tangible, complementary IT strategy and programs
- Help drive the development of future state technology architecture
- Work under the direction of (and collaboratively with) Sr. Enterprise Architects to complete the vision for specific solutions
- Work collaboratively with business stakeholders to understand strategy/solution needs and articulate them into reference architecture and patterns
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional architects (data, infrastructure, security, DevOps, network) to evolve specific architecture patterns/solutions.
- Conduct/participate in POCs where required to help prove reference architecture patterns.
- Work collaboratively with Cloud / DevOps teams to help define technical requirements (technology, capacity, etc.) for POCs and other initiatives; establish pipelines and deployment automation process.
- Produce necessary architecture views and documentation to communicate designs.
- Produce code or oversee production of code when required to support POCs.
- Work with teams to produce cost estimations for future solutions when required (effort, technology licensing, maintenance, running costs).
- Present, represent reference architectures and solutions to Architecture Review Board.
Education and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent (advanced degree desirable)
- Knowledge in the concepts and methodologies used in enterprise architecture, application, technical and security architecture
- Solid background in software development and application/system integration
- Knowledge of Cloud platform concepts (IaaS, PaaS) and software/hardware technologies (web, mobile, integration software, databases, infrastructure, networking)
- Knowledge of mobility solutions, enabling technologies and application development patterns
- Knowledge of web content management
- Understanding and experience in system implementation methodologies, software development life cycle processes, and project management
- Knowledge of automotive business areas, processes and functions a plus
- Solid planning, organization, and time management skills
- Strong problem solving, analytical and negotiation abilities
- Ability to inform, educate and influence managers and peers to support recommendations
- Solid written, verbal and presentation skills are required to communicate architecture/designs to review boards and management
- Experience with Cloud based architecture and related concepts
- Knowledge/experience in Java, SpringBoot, SpringData frameworks
- Understanding of microservice patterns, service discovery patterns
- Knowledge/experience with build dependency management (e.g. Maven, gradle)
- Experience with API Gateways (e.g. AWS, CA, Kong, etc) as related to microservices architecture and API management technologies
- Experience with token-based authentication and access control mechanisms (e.g. SAML, OpenIDConnect, OAuth, JWT, etc)
- Experience with web content management solutions such as Adobe AEM
- Understanding of secrets management concepts such as crytopgraphic key management systems, HSMs, PKI, etc.
- Understanding of ESB concepts, experience with messaging and integration products/frameworks
- Experience designing, developing and deploying web services (SOAP/REST)
- Experience with SQL, NoSQL, in-memory databases (e.g. mySQL, Cassandra, Redis)
- Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery concepts and related (build/deploy pipelines)
- Experience with CI/CD toolchain elements (e.g. JIRA, Confluence, SVN/GitHub, Jenkins, Nexus, Sonar, etc.)
- Experience in legacy app modernization and migration to cloud a plus
- Automotive experience is desired but not mandatory
Physical Requirement(s): No Physical requirement needed for this position.
Location: Herndon, VA
Working at DMI
DMI is a diverse, prosperous and rewarding place to work. Being part of the DMI family means we care about your wellbeing. As such, we offer a variety of perks and benefits that help met various interests and needs, while still having the opportunity to work directly with
a number of our award winning, Fortune 1000 clients. The following categories make up
your DMI wellbeing:
- Community – Blood drives, volunteering opportunities, Holiday parties, summer picnics, Tech Chef, Octoberfest just to name a few ways DMI comes together as a community.
- Convenience/Concierge - Virtual visits through health insurance, pet insurance, commuter benefits, discount tickets for movies, travel and many other items to provide convenience.
- Development – Annual Performance management, continuing education and tuition assistance, internal job opportunities along with career enrichment and advancement to help each employee with their professional and personal development.
- Financial – Generous 401k match for both pre-tax and post-tax (ROTH) contributions along with financial wellness education, EAP, Life Insurance and Disability help provide financial stability for each DMI employee.
- Recognition – Great achievements do not go unnoticed by DMI through Annual Awards ceremony, service anniversaries, peer-to-peer acknowledgement through Give-A-Wow, employee referral bonuses.
- Wellness – Healthcare benefits, Wellness programs, Flu Shots, Biometric screenings, on-site lactation rooms provide employees with several wellness options.
Employees are valued for their talents and contributions. We all take pride in helping our customers achieve their goals, which in turn contributes to the overall success of the company.
The company does and will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, and to treat qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status. DMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Veterans/Disability.
***************** No Agencies Please *****************
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US citizenship may be required for some positions.