Delta T Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Psychiatric Nurse (Part time)
at Delta T Group
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 1787777
Categories: Healthcare - Behavioral/Mental Health, Healthcare - RNs & Nurse Management, Healthcare - ALL CATEGORIES
- Masters Degree
- Nursing Experience
- Drivers License, Rn Registered Nurse
Delta T Group is looking for a Registered Nurse for an opportunity with our client located in Alexandria, VA.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: A psychiatric nurse provides specialized nursing services which include psychiatric nursing assessments, administering and monitoring of medication, case management services, home visitation and crisis intervention to consumers with mental illness and/ or substance abuse disorders. This position is responsible for consumers who also have a substance abuse disorder, acute or chronic medical disorders, or be at risk for infection diseases such as hepatitis, HIV/AIDS, TB and STDs. Consumers served by the nurse may require frequent monitoring of medication intake and bio-psychosocial functioning. This position may also serve as a liaison between consumers and other community providers and coordinates services.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Assesses consumers with severe mental illness, determines psychiatric diagnosis including medication needs, and intervenes in emergencies with consumers in crisis.
- Collaborates with physicians and other health professionals to develop holistic plans for the health care services of consumers.
- Dispenses, coordinates and monitors consumer medication.
- Administers long-acting neuroleptic medications by injection while ensuring that medication orders are current, evaluating side effects, observing for signs of over/under medication, and documenting receipt of medications.
- Provides health education to consumers, both individually and in groups, to enhance the health literacy, compliance and insure lifestyle changes.
- Provides both individual and group counseling to consumers and works with families to assist them in understanding and accepting the consumer’s illness.
- Oversees operation of the medication room.
- Keeps accurate records of individuals participating in the weekly shot clinic and groups and schedules ongoing clinic appointments.
- Consults with case coordinators for follow up on consumers seen in medication clinic.
- Notifies case coordinators and psychiatrist of consumers’ failure to show for injectable medication appointment.
- Ensures that practices used in dispensing medication and disposing of hazardous waste are in accordance with OSHA safety standards.
- Evaluates consumers at risk and refers/performs pre-screens for hospitalization, detention or commitment and assists in discharge planning for their return to the community.
- Refers consumers and families to care coordinators to seek community resources for housing, health care, financial and legal assistance, mental health and substance abuse treatment services, transportation assistance and entitlement programs.
- Provides minimal case management to consumers, involving regular and recurring contact with them to ensure medication compliance and to address other outreach service needs. Determine level of case management needs and refer to the appropriate level of care in our agency.
- Administers TB tests to staff and consumers, if required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Thorough knowledge of the theories, techniques and practices of community mental health nursing; thorough knowledge of and ability to provide intensive case management, case coordination, individual and group counseling, and family and client teaching; ability to work with individuals who have multiple impairments; ability to make and implement clinical decisions; ability to screen, assess and apply treatment to clients; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, clients and community providers; ability to solve unusual and difficult clinical problems; ability to formulate and advise on policy and develop, administer and provide advice on programs; and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Considerable experience in psychiatric nursing; graduation from an accredited school of nursing, supplemented by a master’s degree in psychiatric nursing, counseling psychology, social work or a related field, or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Registered and licensed by the State Board of Nursing to practice nursing in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Applicants must posses a valid driver’s license issued by their state of residence.
What’s In IT For You?
- By working as a contractor with us, you get to pick which assignments are best for your schedule. We offer flexible per-diem schedules to 40-hour schedules. You provide us with what your availability is, and we will match you with work.
1099 Independent Contractor
Delta-T Group, Inc. - PAR
Contract Submit PAR
Phone: 800-251-9501 -- Fax: 610-527-0830
950 Haverford RoadSuite 200Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
Each Delta-T company is separately incorporated. Delta-T Group is a referral agency. Registering with Delta-T Group is not a guarantee that opportunities will be available and/or located. All professionals contracting through Delta-T Group are classified and compensated as self-employed independent contractors.
DeltaTGroup.com We work for you.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!