COMCAST SPECTACOR, L.P.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant General Manager - Ted Constant Convocation Center
at COMCAST SPECTACOR, L.P.
- Job ID
- Spectra - Venue Management
- Location Name
- Spectra VM - Ted Constant Convocation Center (Old Dominion U)
- Venue Management
- Regular Full-Time
This position is based at our Ted Constant Convocation Center. The Ted Constant Convocation Center on the campus of Old Dominion University is a 9,000 seat multi-purpose arena. The venue is the home to Old Dominion University basketball and the best live entertainment in the Hampton Roads region. The Constant Center consistently ranks among the top venues in the world annually and hosts a variety of concerts, family shows, sporting events, conventions and community events. We take pride in creating GREAT experiences for all of our guests. You can learn more about our venue here: http://www.constantcenter.com/
The Assistant General Manager will work closely with the General Manager in planning, directing and managing the day-to-day operations of the Constant Center & SB Ballard Stadium including event planning, sales, marketing, public relations, finance, human resources, event services, ticketing and operations. Supervision is exercised over professional staff that directs various sections in day-to-day operations. Further responsibility includes evaluation and development of recommendations to improve organizational administration, procedures, policies, and programs.
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
- Assist the General Manager in planning, directing and managing the day-to-day operations of the facilities including sales, marketing, public relations, finance, human resources, event services, operations, housekeeping, maintenance, safety and security
- Promote the Constant Center to all potential clients; conduct facility tours; answer questions and provide information regarding facility services, technical capabilities, policies and procedures; assist clients in finalizing booking arrangements.
- Initiate sales calls via phone, electronic mail, surface mail and in person with the intent of aggressively marketing the Constant Center to repeat and prospective clients.
- Work directly with clients in preparation of cost estimates, contract negotiations, oversight of event management, event settlement.
- Oversee event scaling, configurations, and event staffing including; stagehands (ITASE), runners, merchandise vendors, contracted security, police, and EMT’s.
- Represent the General Manager as needed at various meetings specifically with client and tenants.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the University and Coastal Virginia area, to include local hotels and industry organizations; represent the facility professionally at all times. Attend industry events and tradeshows.
- Assist the General Manager in the development and administration of the facility’s operating and capital budgets; work directly with the department directors in developing departmental operating budgets and revenue projections;
- Recruit, select, lead, motivate and evaluate director level staff; provide or coordinate training as needed; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline and termination procedures
- Work with the departmental directors in the day-to-day management of their various departmental disciplines; review and evaluate processes and results; identify and resolve deficiencies and challenges
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
- Assist the General Manager in the oversight of the facility’s contract service partners (food & beverage, IATSE, merchandise, a/v)
- Create and analyze in-house event budgets for prospective events.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of increasing responsibility in operations management in a professional public assembly arena/stadium preferably in a college setting.
- Minimum 2 years of direct supervisory experience at the Director level
- Bachelor’s Degree or better from an accredited college or university in public assembly facility management, hospitality management, business administration or a related field (Other combinations of experience and education that meet these requirements may be substituted)
- Experience employing modern management methods, long range planning, principles of budgeting, and leadership skills
- Working knowledge of sales, marketing, event services, safety and security, facility maintenance and housekeeping, finance and human resources, audiovisual, telecommunications, and food and beverage operations
- Knowledge of and experience in the event booking process, contract development and execution, and event settlements, specifically as it relates to arena events and meeting room space.
- Production experience involving audio, video, lighting, and rigging.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Familiarity with EEOC, FLSA, OSHA, ADA and other employment regulations
- Excellent communication skills in the English language and interpersonal skills
SPECTRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT EMPLOYER.