City of Alexandria
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Temporary Personal Trainer
at City of Alexandria
$25.85 - $25.85
Job Status: Contract/Temporary
Job Reference #: 2532566
Categories: Sports/Recreation/Fitness, Education - Training, Human Resources - Training & Development
Overall Job Objective
- Temporary Personal Trainer
The City of Alexandria is located in northern Virginia and is bordered by the District of Columbia (Potomac River), Arlington and Fairfax counties. With a population of approximately 150,000 and a land area of 15.75 square miles, Alexandria is the seventh largest city in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Alexandria has a charming waterfront and is a unique and historic place to live and work. About one-quarter square miles in the city have been designated as a national or local historic district. We proudly embrace our rich history and seize the endless opportunities that lie ahead. If you are interested in working for the vibrant City of Alexandria, we invite qualified candidates to apply for our Temporary Personal Trainer.
In pursuit of service excellence the Temporary Personal Trainer provides one-one-one supervision and instruction to center patrons using the Centers Fitness. The Personal Trainer is responsible for assisting the Recreation Center in program participation and retention through quality instruction and continuous follow-up.
What You Should Bring
Each member of our team is accountable for the outstanding delivery of services to the community. You should possess knowledge and experience of teaching fitness programs and strength training. You will work to meet the needs of our community. You will have the support of and work under the direction of a Recreation Coordinator and/or Recreation Manager. The hours will be determined by customer needs, and may include mornings, afternoons, evenings, and weekends.
- Leads scheduled sessions, and ensures sessions begin and end on time;
- Instructs patrons on effective exercise methods; explains and demonstrates proper techniques, and teaches using appropriate methods;
- Prepares appropriate equipment, lesson plans, and final assessments for each session;
- Assists participants, answers questions, and maintains a positive exercise experience;
- Keeps management informed of customer and facility needs;
- Ensures that safety standards are met, and that department and facility policies are adhered to;
- Performs related duties as required.
About the Department
The mission of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Activities is to enrich the City of Alexandria by creating meaningful experiences through public spaces, cultural activities, and programming. The Department's vision is to improve the well-being of every person in our community by connecting them to each other and their environment. The Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Activities received national accreditation from the Commission for Accreditation of Park and Recreation Agencies (CAPRA). National accreditation requires park and recreation agencies to meet 155 standards representing elements of effective and efficient park and recreation operations.
- Minimum & Additional Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED; one year of experience as a Recreation Leader II, or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Possession of Personal Training certification or equivalent, or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. Possession of valid First Aid and CPR certification from a nationally recognized provider.
Bachelor's degree in Kinesiology or related field preferred. Sales experience a plus
- This position requires successful completion of a criminal records background check and drug screening prior to employment.