CBC Restaurant Corp
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Northern Virginia Area - General Managers & Shift Leaders
at CBC Restaurant Corp
Corner Bakery Cafe
Welcome to our amazing world. A brand that is filled to the brim with passionate people, creative thinkers, overachievers, servant leaders and folks having a blast doing what they do best -- helping others.
Corner Bakery Cafe is the type of restaurant or company you simply don't see much of anymore. While we understand the importance of a healthy bottom line, we also believe in simply being healthy -- knowing that we're all here to make a living. We also believe in making a difference, and that difference comes from hiring people who want to laugh, help and serve. We're people who have a taste for success, and we're a team who believes a benefits package should always include the time and flexibility to balance life's demands. We believe in growing...together.
Established in Chicago in 1991, Corner Bakery Cafe is an industry-leading fast-casual restaurant featuring innovative, seasonal menu options ranging from hot breakfasts and signature Paninis to handcrafted salads, sandwiches and mouthwatering sweets. We're where our community stops in for a quick, healthy bite or a leisurely morning curled up with the paper. Named "One of the 10 Best Fast Casual Restaurants in America" by Parents Magazine and honored as the recipient of the 2010 Heart of the Workplace Award by People Report for integrating community involvement and service strategically into our company culture, Corner Bakery Cafe services guests in more than 115 locations across the country and counting.
There's real opportunity at every corner to make great friends, delicious food and a lot of people happy. Corner Bakery Cafe.
We've already given you access to the freshest and tastiest food around -- now it's time to make it available to your guests as a fast, healthy way to start their day or a delicious way to end their meal.
As a Restaurant Manager at Corner Bakery Cafe, you will be responsible for exceptional food service, customer service and operations by managing all dining room, kitchen and catering functions, while directing and motivating your team to provide customer service that elicits genuine smiles. Find some balance between your life and an exciting career in food service, and join the nation's leading bakery cafe as a Restaurant Manager today!
- Manage and motivate restaurant employees through constant communication and regular team meetings
- Make sure guests are receiving exceptional customer service at all times
- Maintain food service and production levels -- ensure that food is prepared and served in the appropriate quantity and with the utmost quality
- Ensure operations are in accordance with kitchen sanitation and safety standards
- Start-up and shut-down of restaurant equipment and processes (opening/closing shifts)
- Handle inventory responsibilities including food orders and receipt
- Deliver food during peak hours of operation
- Manage store financials -- cash handling procedures and cost control (P & L)
- Perform administrative duties including required reporting
Our Restaurant Managers are not a flavor of the month. They are passionate about serving others and have an appetite for success. Our ideal managers possess the following:
- A High School diploma; college degree is a plus
- At least 2 years of experience in restaurant supervision or management; full-service or fast casual restaurant experience is desired
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Ability to be on one's feet at least 8 hours per day and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills -- clear and professional demeanor
- Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize with efficiency
- A friendly and outgoing personality -- must enjoy interacting with and servicing others
- Sincerity, honesty and candidness with team members and guests alike
- Initiative, drive and a self-starting work ethic
- Ability to lead, motivate and build efficient work teams
- A love for the restaurant business and desire to create the ultimate guest experience
Why Manage at Corner Bakery?
More growth. Better hours. Greater potential. All served in a culture that understands you have to have a life and need the time to enjoy it. Corner Bakery Cafe offers its Restaurant Managers:
- A highly competitive salary with monthly bonus potential
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance, plus a 401(k) plan
- Dependent and health care spending accounts
- Flexible work hours and great working conditions -- no late nights and no liquor, steam tables or deep fryers
- Meal discounts, paid vacation, tuition assistance and health club reimbursement
- Extensive on-boarding and training program, plus on-going development opportunities
- Managing Partner Program for our exceptional performers
- Rapid growth and career advancement opportunities
We invite you to join us in a very unique corner of the world. Ours.
Feed the day.
Apply for Corner Bakery Cafe today!
We are an Equal Opportunity/E-Verify Employer.