American Express Global Business Travel
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Bid Project Manager (North American Sales)
at American Express Global Business Travel
American Express Global Business Travel (GBT) is dedicated to helping its clients realize the greatest possible value from their investment in travel through increased cost savings, outstanding customer service and greater spend control. For small businesses, medium-sized enterprises and multinational corporations, GBT provides a combination of industry-leading booking technology, travel management consulting expertise, strategic sourcing and supplier negotiation support and customer service available around the world, around the clock, online and offline.
The NA Deal Consulting Manager will partner with the Director of Strategy and Operations, Sales and Client Management leaders to develop a strong messaging and positioning of our strategic business offerings; which will be messaged in written acquisition and retention materials for Global, Multinational, Middle Market & Canada.
He/she will oversee the entire bid process and develop client-specific bid process materials, including RFP/RFI responses, proposals, presentations, pre-emptive proposals and other sales-related materials. Additionally, he/she will be responsible for the following:
- Lead all written components of the bid process.
- Synthesize and position vast amounts of product and prospect/client information to create compelling, customized sales materials, which differentiate the company and deliver solutions-focused messaging.
- Use persuasive writing skills to optimize the GBT offering for each customer and their needs.
- Manage multi-phased projects that require integrated answers to complex questions.
- Develop and manage project planning process relative to each bid
- Populate standard responses to RFP
- Research responses to non-standard, non-strategic questions
- Follow-up with SME’s to populate RFP
- Lead all formatting of written materials according to branding and style guidelines
- Organize/obtain required attachments as identified by bid manager
- If Web-based, upload to web site.
- Organize conference calls, advise if internal timelines are not met, etc
- 5+ years’ experience in the following areas: bid process, brand marketing, positioning, and strategic messaging
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills is required in order to highlight GBT offerings and collaborate with key business partners
- Must have the ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Must be able to provide a strategic vision & drive results in a multi-faceted environment
- Strong project manager management skills with the ability to manage large, cross functional projects
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment that is constantly changing
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Strong business acumen
LocationUnited States>New York>Virtual Location
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
American Express Global Business Travel (GBT) is the world’s leading business partner for managed travel. We help companies and employees prosper by making sure travelers are present where and when it matters. We keep global business moving with the powerful backing of 16,000 travel professionals in more than 140 countries. Companies of all sizes, and in all places, rely on GBT to provide travel management services, organize meetings and events, and deliver business travel consulting.