Job: Sr Software Engineer (BI) - TS/SCI
Job Reference #: 15383
- Job ID
- Number of Positions
- Job Locations
- Job Function
- Information Technology
- Security Clearance Level
- Top Secret/SCI
Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
1. Designs and codes software components, units, and modules that meet product specifications and development schedules.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Tests and debugs assigned components and units.
4. Participates in large system and subsystem planning.
5. Collaborates with hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems and works with them to resolve incompatibilities.
6. Writes and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
7. Troubleshoots problems and provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues.
8. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- GDIT AIT has an immediate need for a mid-level Software Engineer to assist with business intelligence activities by scripting queries, designing workflows, implementation, and troubleshoot in support of the DOD.
- The position will develop technologies and products under the guidance of the System Architect and Program/Software Manager.
- The Software Engineer will participate with development teams and meetings.
- Other responsibilities will include working with the team to define task breakdowns and effort estimates, as well as preparing design and test documents.
- You will work closely with the Product teams to design, model and develop changes for new and existing projects
- Tune backend queries for better application and system performance
- Analyze business requirements and develop and communicate effective solutions to the business needs.
- Translate business requirements into data warehouse designs to ensure analytic and reporting needs are met.
- Understand business needs and data transformation needs and articulate and convert them to production software
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
5-8 years of related software development experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent Demonstrated experience with the following:
- Experience with .NET, Java, and Python
- Ability to work on Linux and Windows environments
- Ability to work under tight time constraints
- Experience working with a team of software developers
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Programming and scripting skills for automation of system administration tasks with PowerShell, etc.
- Experience in Postgres, Oracle, SQL, & MySQL
- Experienced with data mining techniques
- Experience developing queries using TSQL
- Familiarity with Web Services (i.e., REST, SOAP)
- Knowledge of data warehousing and business intelligence concepts
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services
- Familiarity with any modern web containers (i.e., Apache, Tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic, etc..)
- Experience managing cloud infrastructures including Microsoft Azure and Amazon platforms
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
We Value Diversity!
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online