Job: Aegis Ashore Team Trainer C4I and TAO Sr Princ Specialist, Training
Job Reference #: 21314
- Job ID
- Number of Positions
- Job Locations
- Job Function
- Technical Operations (TechOps)
- Security Clearance Level
General Dynamics is immediately seeking a qualified TAO on Aegis BMD platform with C4I systems expertise- Interface Control Officer to train fleet sailors in support of the Aegis Ashore program training Norfolk VA. Must understand and embrace the strategic significance of this mission and required training. Develops, organizes, and conducts TAO and C4I training and educational programs for Aegis Ashore tactical operators. Job Responsibilities: Develops, organizes, and conducts TAO/C4I/Link/ systems training for rotational Navy crews that will be manning worldwide Aegis Ashore Facilities in support of Ballistic Missile Defense Operations.
1. Performs advanced engineering work concerned with the design, evaluation, planning, testing and operation of electrical, electronic, mechanical, and/or computer components, equipment and systems for commercial, government, military and/or scientific uses.
2. Directs various tests and analyzes and documents results.
3. Identifies and documents clients functional requirements.
4. Reviews, writes, and provides updates to technical documentation.
5. Develops research & development plans.
6. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced engineers and engineering support staff, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
7. May serve as technical team or task lead.
8. Makes changes to methods, design or equipment where necessary.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work/military experience. NEC DESIRED: 0350 Interface Control Officer and 9502 Master Training Specialist . Ideal candidate may include: Retired Operations Specialist Chief, Senior Chief, Master Chef Ops/Tech LDO, or Systems Test Officer (STO) with significant Aegis BMD and Link experience and expertise required.
10-15 years of directly related experience in the development and delivery of Navy technical training programs.
- Additional Qualification Designators desired include "LF7" (TAO NTDS) and "BM1" (TAO Ballistic Missile Defense Ship).
- Require TAO qualification on Aegis BMD capable ship with Fleet-shipboard operational experience as Combat Systems Officer, Operations Officer, Aegis Air Defense Officer (ADO), Joint Interface Control Officer (JICO), or Systems Test Officer (STO), Operations Department CPO/ LCPO on Aegis BMD capable platform.
- 3-5 Years experience as CSTT technical and tactical member in support of TAO and or C4I watch stations and supporting equipment.
- Travel may be up to 25 % of time.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
We Value Diversity!
SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification is preferred.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online